Liridon

|PRIVATE| field of reeds

- Ageless ; 30
Played by Emberling
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

Moonlight and starshine shimmer above them, as well as glow on the surface of he water as dancing reflections. The water itself seems to be rather calm, the only motion and sound it makes is the soft breaking of waves on the shore, but it is a soothing sound that reminds Khaa of the long nights he would sit by the river with his sister by his side; for a long time after her transformatoin, the sound of the river had been the only thing capable of lulling her to sleep.

He silently sighs as he wonders where she is now, but he continues to pay attention to his newfound companion. As Nuage responds, Khaa wonders if perhaps that was a sore subject to touch upon, given the rather brief explanation and the accompanying shrug before the question was turned back to him. He would not press it if Nuage did not wish to share, it was simple as that with Khaa, and so he simply nods in acknowledgement.

It is as he goes to respond to the question, however, that Sati speaks up aloud. Her request is simple, but it is not that which makes him try and hold back a small chuckle. It is Nuage's sudden realisation that the kitten can speak just as they could that spreads an amused smirk across Khaa's strong features.

"Sure can," Sati grins cheekily, but quickly rolls her eyes at the semi-glare Khaa gives her before she turns herself around as if the lead the way for the two men.

"I suppose that was your first time meeting another creature capable of the same speech as us," Khaa muses softly, the words more a statement than a question, but his tone is in no way teasing but more matter-of-factly, "She's mostly harmless, don't worry. " he adds with a small chuckle, receiving a humph! sound from the cat as she walked ahead of them.

"Sati and I met in the deserts of Caelest some time ago. I don't quite remember the finer details, but I helped her out of a situation and she refused to leave me," Khaa explains briefly before he decides to answer the previously-asked question as well, "As for me, though, I'm from a desert far from this place... Though, I'm not certain how far, exactly..." There is a brief frown before it vanishes, "It was a lavish place, once, but the last I saw it, all was on fire. I hope by the time I am able to return, it will be peaceful once again."

It comes as a surprise to Khaa that there is a pinch in his chest as he speaks of his homeland and the ill fate that it had fallen to, and so as they breach a small dune part-covered in grass, he pauses momentarily to look out over the ocean for a moment. "Ra yahmik ya 'ukht."

The words are the softest of whispers before he turns his attention back around, spotting Sati still carrying on ahead by a few lengths now, and he gives a slightly sheepish side glance at Nuage. "Is there anything else you'd like to ask? I am sure Sati will find us a safe place to rest for the night, and I am rather enjoying the company."

Sati can still hear them perfectly from where she ventures on ahead; she cannot shake the weird uncertain feeling that Khaa gives her as she hears how he speaks to Nuage. She does not interrupt, however, and simply continues onward, leading their small company away from the beach and, according to her nose, a forest-rimmed field. Soft grass was just what was needed.

Every night the battle between chaos and creation must go on,
otherwise the world will be destroyed.
Speaks | Thinks | Sounds Like | Sati Speaks

@Nuage ♥ (translation is Ra protect you, my sister.)
Nomad - 21 - Immortal
Played by Sapphire

Again she surprises him, and that while he should know better now. Still, to adjust to something you’ve only just discovered could take some time. By voicing out her thoughts out loud, Sati has just opened a whole new world to him. Once more Nuage had met a companion, but the little bird had not been able to convey its words to others except for its bonded equine. Oh lord no, would Pan have understood all he saw and hear that day too?

Well shit. During that particular day Nuage had met Nymphadora, an outgoing lady that had not shied away from flirting head on. Truth to be told, he had not known what to do with himself any more than he does now. And not only Sati is to blame for that. All he can do for a moment is stare after her, lips parted slightly as she turns around to lead the way.

Khaa’s words break the spell, and after a slight shake – to clear his thoughts, or he attempts to do so at least – he glances up at the Egyptian man. He cannot help it but to sheepishly grin, before casting his gaze down and ahead, putting himself into motion to follow after Sati. “That obvious?” he replies, his own words, like Khaa’s, more a statement than a real question. The words and the humph that follow next make him chuckles softly. “Don’t think she agrees with you,” he somewhat cheekily replies, the corners of his own lips twitching, surprising himself.

And in his surprise, Nuage shuts himself off again, as his own words make him uneasy. What had happened for him to just say that out loud, to someone that basically is just a stranger? Lucky, Khaa fills the silence between them as he answers his attempt to keep the conversation going. “She, she seems fond of you,” he replies softly, glancing up at the corners of his eye at the taller man, studying him once more, now with the knowledge of his heritage in mind. It is not hard at all to picture Khaa in the desert. “I’m sorry,” he mumbles, pausing a brief moment as he searches for words. In the end, he cannot find them.

It is only after a few more steps that he realises Khaa has paused, which slows Nuage’s own step too. He looks at the sandy stallion, studying him, and only glancing away just when he is caught in the act. His own smile is flustered, and he does not hold Khaa’s gaze. Instead Nuage’s eyes find Sati, who is still guiding the way. Behind them the sound of the waves is less and less prominent, and ahead he can already see glimpses of the land beyond the dunes. It fills him both with hesitant and curiosity, wondering what they would find beyond the sand.

Seems like today is a day full of surprises, embarrassment and awkward moments, at least in Nuage’s perspective. He sure as well hopes that Khaa and Sati won’t think of him that way, doing a great job there. Not. “You..” sure? “I.. I’d like that,” he replies, unable to happy skip his heart just made. Flustered he glances sideways he looks at the Egyptian for a moment, smiling ever so slightly. Then, remembering Khaa’s story and background, he wonders where Sati comes from. She didn’t seem to enjoy the sand that much, which clashes with the desert Khaa originates from.

“So.. Does Sati come from the desert, too?” he asks, a little awkward still, before realising that he could ask the feline that himself, instead of asking Khaa. The confusion of that is evident on his face, as he now glances at the Caracal ahead of them. “Do you, Sati?” he adds softly, shy and embarrassed. He would not win a prize for that, but by asking her, he does at least somewhat save himself, or doesn’t he?

@Khaa <3
I love them more with each reply! :D
- Ageless ; 30
Played by Emberling
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

The landscape slowly changes as they leave the beach behind them, transitioning from soft flat sand into small dunes that gradually became scattered with grass, until finally the sand itself changed to dirt covered in more grass. The salty smell of the ocean only lingers in the air now as the breeze passes over them; it is not too cold, at least, though Khaa also keeps his disc glowing enough that there is still warmth coming from it. As they go, Sati is still visible up ahead, where she occasionally flicks a back foot as subtly as she possibly can in an attempt to rid the sand stuck between her toes.

He simply chuckles softly in amusement at Nuages' comment, "It's alright, I don't think that all creatures are capable of the same speech we are. Those where I came from certainly weren't, except the types of birds that were exceptional at learning words," he gives a little wink, not finding it at all strange that Sati's ability to speak had startled Nuage; he had been rather surprised himself when he'd first heard her speak aloud as well, for she had only chosen to speak in his mind for the first few months she stayed by his side.

"She is, though," he nods at the reference to her being fond of him, "perhaps that is because of how young she was when I found her, " he is now referring to the idea that Sati was still very young when he had met her and helped her and that, because of this, she latched onto him as a parental figure.

Khaa's lips part as if to answer the following question, but Nuage redirects it to Sati, and he smiles warmly; he knows she will appreciate being included, being spoken to like she is really there and not just a pet hanging around. He watches as one of her tufted ears twitch to catch Nuage's question and she stops in the middle of the meadow she had lead them to, and turns to look at Nuage with an appreciative smile, .

"Khaa found me in a desert, but caracals - that's what I am - usually prefer scrubby arid grasslands and stuff. Places that are easy for us to hide and hunt at night. Oh, and uh, Khaa doesn't actually come from a sandy desert... Maybe he'll tell you what it's really like when we find somewhere to rest." Her tail swishes happily that she was able to answer the question before she turns her attention away to look around the meadow, now in search of finding them a place to rest, grinning to herself at having put Khaa on the spot.

It wasn't often that Sati got to talk to others, but that was usually because they would speak around her - asking Khaa the questions about her as Nuage had been about to do. He watches it all with a content half-smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, eyes soft and his overall demeanour is relaxed; at least, until Sati calls him out on his bland explanation of his homeland and he averts his gaze in slight embarrassment, "Yes, well... Ahem," he clears his throat softly, "It's just easier to say it like that, rather than go into too much detail... But, if we find somewhere safe to rest, and if you're interested, I can try my best."

@Nuage
Nomad - 21 - Immortal
Played by Sapphire

As they leave the beach and dunes behind them, Nuage shifts a little closer towards Khaa as they continue to follow Sati. The warmth that comes from the glowing disc between the Egyptian man’s horns does wonders in terms of drying his hide. No wonder that Sati had repositioned herself in favour of catching the warmth. Now knowing she has a mind and voice of her own, Nuage wonders how he had not realised it sooner. “Parrots..” Nuage mumbles, glancing at Khaa out of the corner of his eye. Those birds he does know, whole populations lived in Ischia. “But they are… different..” It’s like Khaa says, they are good at copying and learning. “Sati is the first I’ve met..”

Gosh, as if Khaa hadn’t guessed that already himself. Thankfully their conversation continues. Khaa’s words make him frown slightly, watching Sati ahead at the end of their circle of light. Would she really be this fond of Khaa for that simple reason? “Would she let that alone influence her?” Nuage counters, his cheeks flush. The little cat had just too much a mind of her own.

Nuage could have asked Sati, or at least direct his words at her, but he does not fully realise he can talk to and converse with her until Khaa encourages him to asks questions. His rather awkward redirects his words, but neither the exotic man or his companion seem to mind. If anything, Khaa’s smile tells him that it had been the right thing to do. And, damn, that smile. Flustered Nuage’s gaze focusses on Sati instead as she turns around, with only occasional secret glances at Khaa.

Both his ears flick in her direction and he listens carefully. Nuage still finds it odd to hear the words coming from her mouth, but he appreciates how open she is, and the ease which she speaks with. Her mention of Khaa makes his lips twitch, and glance sideways at the taller man. “Oh, will he?” he almost just as cheekily asks, only to cast his gaze away flustered once their gazes meet. Well, whoops, how contradicting could he become in Khaa’s presence? He does not know what spell it is that the sandy golden man has cast on him, but it sure as hell is working.

Thankfully, Khaa seems just as taken aback by the turn of events after Sati’s words. Cute, the thought flashes by before Nuage can even control it. With Khaa glancing away, it is Nuage’s turn to look at the other man, curiously studying him. However, the mention of finding a place to rest, together, flusters Nuage in return. Payback, fair and square. Nevertheless, the bay and blue male finds himself nodding, and grinning like young child that is promised a treat. “I’d like that,” he replies, then freezes mid-step and jerks up his horned head alarmed. Shit, that came out wrong. “I mean.. I’d like to hear.. if you’re willing to share..?”

Somewhat uncertain he looks at Khaa, his weight shifting around a little as his tail is carried somewhat up. The breeze make his mane and tail dance slightly. Suddenly its chilly, the wind a sudden contrast with the previous warmth from Khaa’s disc. Awkwardly he hurries after the pair, his muscles relaxing when the warmth eases them again. But Nuage looks ahead, at Sati. “How.. How much further you think, Sati?”

@Khaa <3
- Ageless ; 30
Played by Emberling
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

Parrots! That was the name, so simple and obvious, and Khaa suddenly feels a little foolish for not remembering, though he doesn't let it show and simply carries on with a mildly amused hummed chuckle, not too surprised that Nuage had not met others capable of speaking like Sati. In truth, Khaa couldn't exactly remember having met others that were as fluent - or willing - as the little feline, but he was glad for her company. Her exhuberant nature countered his own relaxed one and gave him balance again; this, he attributes to Ma'at's silent intervention, given that it was she who had given him the scroll that had pointed him down the path to finding the cat.

"Well, when you think about it, any young animal that shouldn't yet be away from its mother, if abandoned, may adopt another as its mother figure if care is provided. So it's not really a matter of her letting it influence her, but more a case of survival instinct. I suppose, to put it short, we imprinted on each other." Sometimes it became horribly evident that Khaa was not a natural talker. When faced with any conversation that wasn't simply brief small talk, he often would speak first and realise after that there had been a better - usually more concise - way of saying it all. But, as always, it was too late now. So, he simply gives a small tilt of his head that aims to imitate a shrug.

As for agreeing to explain more about his homeland, that would be much easier with less fumbling and rambling. Describing the exotic place was a pleasure, and gave him both happy and sad nostalgic feelings; the less tasteful details, however, he would likely leave out. Not everything needed to be shared, after all. At least Nuage seems rather happy about it, as Khaa notices the excitement on the other man's face and can't help but return the smile; oh, how smiles could be infectious. He was certainly glad Sati was no longer paying them any mind.

Actually, by now, she is further ahead of them as she scouts through the grasses, probably feeling a little more in her element compared to the beach. Though that wasn't to say she didn't love playing at the edge of watering holes or the like, as she did so enjoy chasing the fish if there were any, tonight was not the time for that, however. Tonight required somewhere dry, warm, and safe from any potential dangers of this strange new place. Thankfully, that's where her senses came in far better use than Khaa's. There was definitely a lake around, that was obvious to her nose as well as her eyes - else why would the vegetation here be as lush as it was. Still, she spots a semi-dense cluster of trees a good distance from the lake and without any large rocks around for creepy-crawlies to hide in, and runs off towards it just as Nuage directs another question to her; too late, now.

Khaa simply laughs softly, briefly, "I guess not much at all," he muses as the little cream feline can be spotted moving through the dark grass towards the trees where she stops and spends some time sniffing around before she turns to look at them and calls out, "Well, come on then!" she then turns herself in a circle a few times in preparation for laying down, something Khaa merely shakes his head at slightly in amusement. It fascinated him the way she would do that, but if he were honest, he had tried it himself once... Just to see what difference it made in settling comfortably.

Absolutely none.

@Nuage
Nomad - 21 - Immortal
Played by Sapphire

Ears twitch towards the sound as he shyly glances up to briefly look at Khaa while the man speaks. It takes quite some effort to not just lose himself in the deep tones. I could listen to him all day, he muses to himself in thought, the corner of his lips twitching. He catches his thoughts straying again. His dished head tilts slightly, as his sapphire gaze moves from Khaa to glance at Sati, or into the direction she had trotted away. “I..” he starts to say, but finds himself searching for words. “I wouldn’t have.. thought of it that way..” he admits, flustered as his gaze is glued to the ground again.

He must think me a fool. Of course there is more to a being than what they show on the surface. And Khaa’s explanation sounds so logical, why had he not known or realised himself? Everything he does or says screams ‘unexperienced’, and of that Nuage is very much aware. Such a fool. Solely focused on his own shortcomings, the bay and blue does not realise that the exotic man has something of that sort of his own.

Thankfully Sati offers him a distraction. One that makes him forget how flustered he had been just moments before. Call it childish excitement, or simply blame his youth, the idea of stories of a world that lies beyond his reach makes him eager to listen. That Sati puts Khaa on the spot, well, what can he say? She did so cheekily. And oh, that smile. Nuage’s own smile grows wider, and his gaze is cast down then ahead in Sati’s direction. Once again direction his attention to her, asking her a question, but he could just as well have spoken Chinese, as the little feline darts off.

He blinks his eyes, staring off in the distance, somewhat surprised. However, Khaa’s chuckle is contagious, putting a smile on Nuage’s face too. “Looks like it,” he adds softly, with a little nod of the head. When Sati calls them he glances up at the Egyptian man, just briefly, before walking over at the Caracal. With interest he studies her movements. It looks so natural, so normal, but at the same time he wonders why she did it. Either way, once he stands a little away from her, he awkwardly glances around. The vegetation is lush, the grass high and the trees offer shelter. It’s a great spot. But the spot isn’t the ‘problem’. Nuage glances at the taller man, shrugging with a sheepish smile before glancing around as if he is looking for a comfortable spot to settle for the night.

@Khaa <3 Thank you so much for your patience! I'm so sorry for the wait and that I didn't add too much in my reply, I hope it will soon get easier to write again. Really have to get back into it :/
- Ageless ; 30
Played by Emberling
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

To be fair, Khaa doubted most would have thought of that reasoning upon hearing the details, it wasn't really something that would come to mind normally unless you knew a little about it first. And the only reason he even knew was because of Akoren. The filly had bonded with him and owed her life to Serqet after they saved her from death, except in her case, he took her as his adoptive sister. In truth he probably could have taken her as a daughter instead but the idea of being a parent then (and a little now, still) just didn't fit his plans.

"Don't worry about it, really. It's not necessarily common knowledge. I just have experience with it, I suppose." Khaa assures Nuage softly regarding his apparent loss-for-words, but the way the brown and blue man behaves is rather adorable. Oh, now that was not a word Khaa ever would have thought he'd use to describe anyone except a child. Yet it was the truth.

As they reach Sati, who's settled and resting her chin out on her paws looking rather content with herself and ready to doze off, Khaa stretches a bit first before he lowers himself to the ground with a soft grunt of effort. The hard ground was certainly not what he was accustomed to, even after all the time he'd been away from the lap of luxury, he doubted he'd ever get used to it. Sometimes he'd been lucky enough to find a place to rest that provided comforts, but there was none of that out in the wilds of the world.

Ruby eyes look up at Nuage, and Khaa gives a nod of his head as indication for the other to join them on the ground; there wasn't exactly a huge amount of space, enough for the three of them to at least be comfortable but there'd certainly be no stretching out without kicking someone or rolling out into the grass. In essesnce, it really only left a spot almost right beside him for the other male to take.

"I won't bite, I promise." His voice is warm and his words are genuine, though from the corner of his eye he can see the little grin daring to tug at Sati's lips. She chose this spot on purpose. "He's right. However, he does drool terribly!" The feline pipes up with a soft giggle to her tone though she hasn't moved at all, only her gaze has shifted to look at them, "Sati! I certainly do not. Go to sleep, you cheeky thing." Khaa objects and scolds her slightly, though his frown is only very subtle and the kitten grins, causing him to shake his head dismissively though a slight smile pulls at his lips as he looks back to Nuage almost apologetically.

@Nuage
Nomad - 21 - Immortal
Played by Sapphire

Out of the corner of his eye, Nuage silently observes the man walking beside him. You could practically see the gears in his head working. Khaa intrigues him, makes him curious even. How old would the man be? Nuage finds it hard to guess. He does not look that old, yet, at the same time Khaa embodies ancient Egypt, if such a thing would exist. And more than once has the man said things that gave Nuage something to think about, how much more knowledge would he carry with him? Definitely more than Nuage. He can only nod a bit sheepishly and flustered, which he in return tries to hide by glancing away.

Glancing around, Nuage soon discovers that the spot Sati has chosen, offers place for the three of them. But it does not offer any more room than that. That means I.. I’m sleeping next to him. Like right next to him. The realisation flusters him. Khaa does not hesitate. The exotic man settles himself in the narrow spot next to Sati. The cat like creature looks as if she has already nodded off, well, that at least meant she felt safe enough to rest here and it also meant one less pair of watching eyes. Ruby meets Saphire, only for a brief moment because Nuage does not dare to hold the gaze, the idea that Khaa would notice his flustered state only flusters him more.

His hope turns out to be idle, however. Of course he notices, way to go Nu. And yet, the older man does not make fun of him. Khaa only means to encourage, to settle his nerves, and the warmth in that freaking sexy deep voice is enough encouragement he needs. And turns out that Sati isn’t asleep already yet. Nuage’s feelings are all over the place. A part of him wants to laugh at her comment, while a part of him is still flustered and he does not want to look like he is making fun of Khaa. Yet, a small twitch of his lips into a shy smile can’t be stopped. “Can’t be that bad, right?” he offers awkwardly, not really sure what else to say. Simply staying silent seemed even stupider in his mind.

Their gazes meet once more, and the smile that Nuage offers Khaa is a small yet genuine one. Whatever Sati’s intentions had been, her little comment is enough to help him break through his awkwardness. Nevertheless Nuage tries to not settle too close against either of his companions. The little spot is cosy, but once he’s down, the bay and faintly glowing blue male realises the spot is rather secure. A good thing, knowing the faint glow of his hide will stick out like a sore thumb in the wilderness.

“Thank you,” he almost says completely out of the blue, glancing sideways to the tall man. Clearing his throat, sapphire eyes glance away again. It’s a beautiful night, that for sure. “I mean, for letting met tag along..” His voice is soft, not wanting to disturb the peaceful night. At first, Nuage had been afraid to not not be alone, but now, he is actually rather glad to have company. He feels a bit less lost in these unknown lands.

@Khaa <3 Loves on. Khaa and Sati are amazing and I'm so so so so so sorry for this incredible long wait!
- Ageless ; 30
Played by Emberling
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

Sati is certainly not tired but she knows when to stop being a pest; mostly. Whilst she has settled herself down with her chin resting on her crossed paws, her eyes closed as she listens to the men. They are so different, but it is definitely the most she's heard Khaa talk to someone else in a very long time. She smiles, though, at Nuage's comment. Oh, she was most certainly going to have fun with them, pending he wished to hang around a little longer.

Khaa does offer his own small smile to the other's comment as well, though doesn't verbalise anything as he simply watches Nuage lower himself down. It was most definitely cosy, which did feel a little odd with a stranger, but he wasn't about to let Nuage wander around on his own along the beach looking lost and alone and more than a little uncomfortable. Normally Khaa didn't care what other males got up to, but something just made him want to take care of this one, at least till morning.

"Ah, well, nothing you really need to thank for," Khaa murmurs as he shuffles just a little to get a bit more comfortable, though it helped to mask the slight surprise on his face at the unexpected words. He cleared his throat once he was settled again, legs all tucked in, before he looked over at the other.

"Hmm..." There was a brief thoughtful hum before he turned his head, reaching around his far side to grab the white silk that hung from his shoulder. He turned back with a toss of his head, releasing the material in Nuage's direction - though it remained attached to him - so that it settled over the bay's coat, "You... stand out a little, in the dark." He mumbles, feeling stupid for saying it and for seeming like he wanted to hide the glow, especially considering the man's horn was still very obvious, "At least, without knowing what's out here."

"Oof, get a room." Sati giggles softly, "You've got nothing to worry about. I'm a light sleeper, unlike someone so you'll be fine." One bright blue opens to look over at them both, causing Khaa to look a little put on the spot and embarrassed.

"Ahem... Well... We should probably get some sleep." He wanted nothing more than to run her off right now, though, the cheeky sod, and gave Nuage yet another slightly apologetic look before pulling his head in towards his chest with a small sigh as the dim glow from his disc faded entirely, leaving only Nuage's glow to illuminate the area with the moonlight.

@Nuage
Nomad - 21 - Immortal
Played by Sapphire

Truth to be told, Nuage is glad to have company. He does not remember how he had ended up here, and the vague memories he does have are ones he rather not dwell on. Water. Water everywhere. And darkness. He cannot help it but to shiver slightly, trying to shake the unwelcome feeling away. He is not alone. Khaa and Sati are here, and the pair offers a welcome distraction. Nuage is as comfortable as he can be, ignoring his aching and sore muscles. He is genuinely thankful that they let him tag along, because under all shy- and awkwardness are a lot of insecurity and fears hidden.

While he makes himself as comfortable as he can be, Nuage tries his best to not accidentally touch Khaa or Sati. Just imagine that. He would draw attention to himself, as if he hadn’t made a fool of himself enough yet. Nope. Just no. Nuage would make sure to, no matter how small and cosy the place was, touch neither of his companions for the night. Bending his neck, the bay and blue stallion is about to rest his chin near his knees, when Khaa’s hum makes him look up.

But before Nuage can even look at the Egyptian man, the fine with cloth – still attached to Khaa – lands on his hide. Blinking his sapphire blue eyes he can only look at Khaa confused for a few seconds, but he soon has to cast his gaze down flustered. His lips part to speak, but the other man beats him to it. Oh right. Of course you do.. Right. Yes. How could he have forgotten. “Ah.. I’m sorry..” he mutters, pausing to take the cloth between his lips carefully to hide another path of faintly glowing hide. “It.. It’s the invisibility..” Nuage is not able to control it, whenever he feels nervous, shy or flustered, he tends to flicker in and out of visibility. It must affect the hue too.

And as if his own thoughts haven’t given him thoughts like that, Sati makes sure to voice it out for them. Nuage’s eyes are glued on the with cloth now covering most of his body, flustered with a shy smile on tugging on the corners of his lips. Khaa offers him an escape, for which he is thankful. “S-Sweet dreams,” he softly wishes them both, only just audible enough. Settling himself, nose around his knees, he soon dozes off. He is rather exhausted and now they’ve settled for the night, Nuage realises the extend of it.

With a sharp intake of breath Nuage jolts awake. His heavy breathing makes is nostrils flare wide, and sapphire eyes dart around. Air. He needs to breathe. It takes him a moment to realise that he can, that he isn’t drowning. Under the cloth his hide is soaked, and body tense. Nuage is ready to bolt. “You are okay, it is safe,” he mutters softly, trying to convince himself. Except his breathing does not slow right away, and his rapidly beating heart does not show signs of slowing down either. Fuck, Nu, he mentally grumbles at himself, shaking his head in an attempt to snap out of it.

@Khaa <3