Liridon

|PRIVATE| Pools of Sorrow, Waves of Joy

Played by Hermes
The world is a dark and scary place. Well, at least it is for Atlas. Since he prayed to be struck blind and he found someone was listening, life has been a dark abyss. 

Until one day. Everything lightened the day he met Mizumi. In that water sprite he had found hope and a sense of peace. She had found him in the forest and together the pair had searched for a source of water for Mizumi to return to. Atlas is not sure how long they had wandered for, just that he remembers when the smell of the ocean first filled his nostrils. Relief had flooded him as the dirt path had given way to sand (he could not see it but he felt it) and he could hear the lapping of the waves against the shore. When he had reached the waters edge, Mizumi had disappeared. It was if she had melted away, here one second, gone the next. 

The tall stallion now stands with the waves washing around his large hooves. The wind tugs at his mane and tail, sending a chill up his spine. He has never felt so utterly alone. When his family was murdered and he was struck blind, he felt lonely but soon learned to live by himself. He had learned to navigate the world by touch and sound, taste and smell. Something changed when Mizumi had found him. Something had shifted and Atlas found he did not want to be alone anymore. 

Perhaps that is why he waits here, in the chilly water, for a sign that she will reappear. Minutes tick by and he stands there, still as a statue. Only when the sun’s warmth starts to fade from his pelt and the cold water takes on more of a chill does he stir. Lowering his head to the water, almost touching it but not quite, Atlas asks, “Mizumi? Are you okay?” He does not care what it might look like to a passerby, he is genuinely worried about his friend. Had she been out of water for too long? Starting to fret more, he bites his lip and waits. The silent sentinel stands guard for his friends return.

"I speak" I think

x|x

@Mizumi
Played by Emberling
It is in our own power to create the world, or to destroy it.

Too much time had been spent out of the water, to the point it had almost become dire. This was the first time since coming into being that such a situation had arisen, but Mizumi was thankful for having had Atlas nearby to offer his assistance and company. When they had reached the water's edge, indeed Mizumi had melted away into it, returning to its truest of forms. And here they stayed for some time, Atlas waiting by the water's edge until the sun dips below the horizon.

"You need not worry," a pleasantly lyrical voice speaks up, soft but sweet like a siren, yet sounding as if the words were coming from beneath the water, "I am here."

A glow begins to emit from parts of the water, and slowly it grows into ribbons, swirling about in the gentle push and pull of the water, coming up to Atlas's nose to touch it gently. Then, slowly but surely, the water shifts and moves in ways that it wouldn't normally until a form takes shape and seems to solidify. No longer is there just one figure standing on the beach, but two.

Mizumi smiles and reaches out to touch nose to nose, reassuring Atlas that everything was fine. "Thank you, Atlas, for waiting." There is genuine care in the voice, which still carries the same tone from before the sprite took form again.

Kagayaku Mizumi

@Atlas
Played by Hermes
A voice calls to him, the sweet singsong voice of his friend Mizumi. She tells him not to worry but that is like telling the sun not to shine. It is in his nature, he has been and always will be a worry wart.  At least she is alright. A smile appears on his lips and the man says, “I do not mean to worry but I cannot help it. You were gone for so long and I thought… we might have been too late.”

Emotion chokes the last of his words and he feels embarrassed for the concern that he felt. While they have not known each other for long, Atlas still thinks of Mizumi as his friend. She has shown him kindness in some of his darkest moments. If she does not deserve a little of his compassion then he is not a good friend.

Ears pick up the sound of water moving and he feels her nose against his and he allows the contact to ease the fear that had been building in his chest. With another, easier smile, Atlas dips his head at her thanks. Bringing his head up, milky white eyes stare out over the landscape, the stallion says, “You are most welcome Mizumi. I am sorry that I worried and made you come back. If there are things you still need to do please feel free to go back.”

Thoughts turn to the world around him, the world he cannot see. Ears can hear the ocean and his mind paint a picture for him but it is no substitute for having the ability to see what everything actually looks like. ‘Stop pitying yourself.’ He chides himself, remembering that he had asked for this. It is no one’s fault but his own that he cannot see.

With a small shake of his head, Atlas moves out of the water, numb legs wobbling slightly from the cold water but he keeps his hooves under him and when he is out of the ocean he says, “I was thinking of exploring to see if there is anything beyond this beach. If you are not going back into the water, would you care to join me?”

A small upturn of the corners of his mouth and Atlas awaits to hear what she will do.

"I speak" I think

x|x

@Mizumi
Played by Emberling

“Gone… For long.” Mizumi’s head cocks just slightly, “Oh. Time. Sorry. Water does not have a concept of time. Call for me if I take too long and I will hear you and come. But, no, I am done here.” At least for now, Mizumi no longer needed the water. Well, there would always be a need for it, but it had its time and now was no longer it. A gentle smile crosses blue lips.

“Explore. Yes!” The response to his question is short and simple, and rather full of eagerness. Mizumi had found joy in exploring the land, places that would otherwise never have been seen from the ocean – some, very rarely, but usually not at all. As the sprite follows him out of the water, the rest of the body forms that hadn’t yet – ankles and feet. They appear as they move out of the water and onto the sand, where Mizumi now stands completely formed once again. A smile across blue lips once more, a bright eager fire dancing in seafoam eyes.

“Let’s go!”

Kagayaku Mizumi

@Atlas
Played by Hermes
Sightless eyes stare out at the world as he listens to the sweet sound of Mizumi talking. Her voice always calms him, soothes his fears and the ache to have his sight back. When Atlas is with her, well, it is like he can see. Her humming always paints a picture of the world underwater that he can no longer see. Actually, Atlas really has never seen the world under the water. When he did have his sight, the dark man had never been one for swimming. Actually, he was a terrified of it. However, Mizumi has opened a new world to him, just by being herself.

As she says that water does not have a concept of time, he nods his head. That makes sense. Time must flow differently for one such as her. He says, “It is okay, next time I will call for you. I promise.” With a soft chuckle he nods his to show he understands she is done.

A smile appears as she agrees to explore. Her eagerness pulling a laugh from him. With a small bow he moves to allow her to walk beside him but still splash in the water if she wishes. Moving slowly at first, feeling his way along the beach, the tall stallion stays silent as he moves into a more comfortable gait. Once he is moving along and certain that he will not trip over his own hooves, Atlas asks, “So Mizumi, what is it like under the water? Do you become the water or do you swim through it? How does it work?” The thought intrigues and slightly terrifies him.

"I speak" I think

x|x

@Mizumi
Played by Emberling

Mizumi easily falls into stride with him, and though it is unnecessary, there is appreciation for staying along the shoreline. Though hooves have now been properly formed, it gives the water creature the chance to walk through it without liquefying and experience what it’s like to splash and kick it as they go.

“Hm?” Head cocks at the question, not understanding exactly what was trying to be asked. What was it like underwater, and what did Mizumi become when going into water… Well, they were two very different things!

“Underwater, hmm, not too different to land in many ways. There aren’t trees and plants like on land, but there are still plants, and there are corals and seagrasses that can grow as big as trees… Caves, trenches, bright colours and sheer darkness… It depends.”

Not sure if that was what he was trying to ask, Mizumi figured that maybe answering both would cover whatever he’d originally meant.

“As for me, yes, I return to the water. I… I cannot explain it. I become all of it again, not just one little bit. I know and feel everything that it is. I am water, no matter where or how I am, but when I am out of it it is like I am a separate part of myself, and I need to return so I don’t lose myself.”

In actual fact, Mizumi had no idea if that was even right, it was simply the best way of explaining the strange sensation, “D-do you not like water…?”

Kagayaku Mizumi

@Atlas