Liridon

|OPEN| Slumbering

- Darkness Elemental - Immortal
Played by Lee

I can feel them - the presense of the other elementals beginning to stir. Waking from their slumbers, but how long have they been sleeping? Days, weeks, months, years they all seemed to blur together. Yet there were those who had already awoke wandering the silent landscape which seemed to be an eternity of lonliness. Yet there were others, strangers coming to these lands I could feel them walking through the shadows my darkness curling around them as they slept. Oh how much have I missed the feeling of a beating heart, the sheer panic that strickens children when the light vanishes and only the dark remains. Though the newcomers were not the only ones, I could feel the elementals waking from their eternal slumbers.

Corners of dark ebon lips turned upward a smile beginning to form on dark features blending into the pitch blackness that was the night, "Finally." I purred  I was unsure just how long it had been since they were last awake and wandering through the realm. Wings outstretched lifting my sturdy dark frame from where I had been standing. Powerful beats sending me higher into the nights sky. Ivory locks drifted behind as I soared through the dark skies the stars behind my back illuminating my journey.

Finding a nice peak of a mountain I finally landed, a thud breaking the silence. Half feathered half webbed wings began to close tucking themselves into my sides. Ruffling the gradient feathers that grew along my neck. Feeling my blood pumping through my veins while my mind reverted back to the last time I had seen a face, any face. It had been far too long - decades in fact. Bright blue-green eyes overlooked the landscape waiting patiently for the others to fully awaken. Though I couldn't lie to myself - I was rather excited to see what sort of trouble would arise with them.

ooc. any and all are welcome. apologies for the rust i'm slowly shaking it off.
- Immortal
Played by Collie

i want to wake up with the rain - Leto

Mother.

Leto doesn't say the word out loud bu the intent is there, it is written in the determined way she moves towards the mountain. Once upon a time this path would have been riddled with characters, all determined to win their favor from the gods in one way or another - to get that power they wanted, to win a battle, to have the child they'd always desired. People had come to the elementals for all sorts of requests. Not her though; there was nothing she could have asked for that she didn't already have. Back then all Leto wanted was Mordecai and he had been hers; heart and soul. What could the gods give her that she didn't already possess in her naive hands. She had been born of power - more than she could ever have comprehended at the time - and she had no need for love; because no one could love as hard as she had loved him, or so she thought.  She had children already, there was nothing that could have made her already perfect life more perfect.

Leto can't help but laugh a little bitterly at that thought now. She had been so naive back then, when youth had been more on her side, before....well before everything had happened. The mountain rises up before her, she can almost see the top among the clouds, and again she thinks; Mother.

Kaze was somewhere up there, and Leto can't put her finger on what exactly it was that drove her to seek out the company of the wind goddess. Maybe she was lonely, maybe she wanted to find the only family that was left in Liridon. She didn't really have anywhere else to go; Dalmat was quiet at the moment, no one wandered the forest like they used to. Her path begins to veer upwards, as she begins the ascent towards the top of the mountain. Leto isn't even paying attention to where she is walking - she's walked this path many times - and looses herself in thoughts instead. Thoughts of Kaze, her mother, of Mordecai, of her children - of the past. Maybe that's why she doesn't even notice him standing there until she has almost walked past him, but she catches his long white mane fluttering in the wind out of the corner of her eye and almost jumps in response.

"Oh Sol..." she lets out a yelp of surprise, mismatched eyes drawn towards the figure, heart beating fast inside her chest. Her eyes draw from his hooves to his horns, and a faint flicker of recognition ignites in her mind. She knew him, although not personally for she had rarely had much to do with the gods besides Kaze and Pyrrus, but even she could recognize the powerful aura he emits.  The elmental of darkness has shed his past form, and stands before Leto now, or rather she stands before him. She calms herself, dipping her head slightly towards the horned elemental "I am sorry Abaddon, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."  So they were back, they were awake, no wonder she had felt Kaze's presence so strongly. Leto can't help but wonder if things would be better now, or worse.

@Abaddon
Played by Lee

I wondered just how long it had been since I had come to the top of this mountain. To look down on all those who wandered to the shrine located down below. There had been many memories of the past of those who sought power which the elementals had been given. Bestowing their gifts upon others for various reasons, but most common had been that for war. War, though, was such a boring thing. There have been many that I have witnessed battles between brute strength and sharp minds and realistically I had found them yawn worthy.

Though I found myself being pulled from my thoughts. Elongated wide blue-green lobes wrapped in dark and lined in gold twisted and turned listening. At first I was unsure what I may have been listening to, but as they came closer I realized they had been the faint sounds of footfalls coming up the mountain. I could feel the presence of another - one that had been touched by an elemental in the past. Pressing dark lips together as I adjusted my stance to the direction in which they walked.

Using the dark powers which I had been gifted I created a duplicate of myself. A perfect copy made of the shadows, but there was realistically no one there only an illusion. Wrapping myself into the darkness I vanished as the purple hued cranium came into view. I watched as she wandered perhaps too close before noticing the presence that stood before her. Though I had been on her opposite side watching the situation unfold. How I enjoyed developing this distortion - one of my favorite tricks to pull to rile the hair and watch it stand on end.

As she spoke to the illusion it's charcoal grey body with the dark ebon chimera began to ripple as if a pebble had been thrown into a pool of water. The reflection slowly disappearing right before her mismatched eyes. As I reached out dark nostrils close to her small lobes, the same dark rippling effect as if I was coming from another dimension, "It is quite alright, I heard you coming from miles away." I offered a gentle chuckle as I removed my black nares away from her own small lobes. Golden hooves nestling themselves into the earth adjusting myself to overlook the valley laid out down below. Bright blue-green eyes with dark slit pupils turned toward the amethyst hued mare, her face darker than the rest of her features. "Liridon has finally awakened it seems." I mused lightly the corners of my dark lips beginning to turn themselves upward.

ooc. any and all are welcome. apologies for the rust i'm slowly shaking it off.
- Immortal
Played by Collie

She watches him cautiously, the ripple around his form, like the top of still water when its been disturbed, as he slowly faded away and then the soft coo of his voice by her ear. She flinches away from him suddenly as her mind flashed back to the last softly cooing voice - Syrakko, and for a moment she can feel the weight on her back and the pain in her heart surges. A sudden flash of fear, and she takes a step away from him.

No, this isn't the upper demon of Nocturne, this was the elemental of darkness and she had nothing to fear from him - not that she could think of anyway. The sensible part of her brain calmed her frantically beating heart, and the fear that flashed in her mismatched eyes slowly faded.  This Abaddon was different from the one she remembered, he hadn't been this...playful before. Or teasing, or whatever this was. It seemed the elementals had changed since Liridon had been put to slumber.  She is almost embarrassed by her fear, and wonders if he had noticed. Of course he had noticed, but perhaps he would simply ignore it like she hopes he would.

Abaddon had heard her coming.

Of course he did, the only person who had been surprised had been Leto herself, although she still feels a little silly. She should have known they'd be waiting for people to arrive, looking out across the lands they governed and protected and waiting for their loyal subjects to come running, to gain their favour in one way or another. I guess that made Leto a little different from the rest. She wants no favour from them; at least not on this occasion, maybe not even on the next. She doesn't think that the gods could give her what she truly wanted, even she didn't know what her heart desired. To be at peace, to stop hurting, not to forget the pains of her past but to move on from them. Can the elementals even grant someone peace of mind? Leto should ask.  "It has,"  she agreed,  "Many have started to flock to its unclaimed lands." 

For a moment she is silent, watching him carefully, just in case he disappears again,  "Are you all back?"  she asks suddenly as if just remembering why she had come.  "Are all the others awake too?" 

@Abaddon
Played by Lee

It had been decades since I've seen another living, breathing soul. It was amusing how quickly those who had once called this place home, began to flood back. Back to see what was new, or has been changed perhaps I too have changed through these many years. What I had forgotten most, was how easily mortal creatures feared. This woman's heart beating steady, suddenly sounded as if it was pounding. Trying its damndest to free itself from the confines of her chest. I felt the corners of my own dark lips curling upward. Oh how long it had been since I've heard such a thing. I am, in fact, awake.

Closing my own bright eyes filling my lungs with the crisp nights air while I listened to the woman's smooth tones. Realizing it had been far too long since I held a natural conversation, before anyone began to show it was just the wind who'd offered to speak. Listening to the rustling of leaves and the creaking of branches bending to the whim. "Where would we have gone?" I asked in a deep husky tone slowly revealing the blue-green eyes that lay behind dark lids. Pupils slit like a predator as I watched her from the corners, "Some are, but the rest of them are still slumbering." I casually offered.

Turning my cranium to face the woman my gaze overlooking her frame, "Was there one in particular you were wishing to see, or was I the lucky one?" I mused playfully as I cocked my cranium to the side. Tinkling of the accessories bumping against one another piercing the sound of the breeze that drifted by.

@Leto
- Immortal
Played by Collie

She remembers the day she found out she was the daughter of fire and wind, not officially of course - it had taken some time for her mother to come and see her and confirm the growing doubt that had planted itself in her heart. But unofficially it had been yelled at her, angry words spat by Kaimana when Leto had dared to disagree with him. (She had disagreed with him a lot, back then she had done anything she could to get Mordecai's attention, and what better way than to argue with your king). At first she thought it was an insult to her character, for she was vain - too vain - a child of god-like importance in her own mind. It had been confusing because Leto knew that Maddison was not a god, she hadn't any powers of her own. She was nothing but a little red mare living in a terrifying world. Maddison who used to jump at her own shadow and tell Leto to never trust anyone could surely not be all powerful.

Leto was right about that, at least.

Really she should have guessed that the little timid mare as not really her mother - they were nothing alike. Maddison was plain where Leto was almost flawless, even in her youth, wielding the elements as if she were born of them. 

Where would they have gone - the elementals of Liridon were bound to this land built of it and tied to it in ways that even Leto could not understand. If she kept on returning to Liridon simply because she was born here then it would make sense that they would never leave. 

Her mismatched eyes drifted from his sharp ones and along the lines of his spiked horns, horns she did not recall Abaddon having before, they make him look fiercer, more like a god than he once had when he was just shadow and mass. She wonders if her mother has changed as much, does Kaze look any different from before.  "You are just the lucky one today,"  she replies with her own smile, although it is not quite as certain as it could have been.  She could find Kaze later, her mother would always be here. Besides, she is curious about this change in Abaddon, curious despite the fact that she is nervous.

Leto is nervous about most things these days.

"Or am I?"  She continues with a shrug and the hint of slyness entering her smile.  "I came here to just...see,"  she continued, to see the elementals, to see their power, to see if things would be the same as they were before.

@Abaddon
Played by Lee

I couldn’t remember much about my physical form from before this.. new awakening. There were bits of black and white memories that seemed to float to the surface. Whenever I’d looked into a lake the face that stared back was not of my own, or at least not now. A strange memory - one I’m not sure whether was mine or someone else’s. Perhaps it was mine, but buried at the deepest parts of my mind. Left to be forgotten, like the rest of us who’d slumbered for so long awaiting the moment to re-awaken and wander these lands of Liridon again.

“Mmm.” I mused, the deep rumbling of vibrating vocals. I realized I was looking off into space beyond where the woman stood. “A sly little lass, I like it.” Dark lips parted allowing a chuckle to slip into the wind though it slowly died down into a low rumble. Returning the focus of my gaze to the woman who stood before me. I remembered very little about the time that had come before. Various faces flooding into memory now and again as if they’d been pictures taken and tucked into a box, forgotten dusty and covered in webs. “I’m afraid there isn’t much to see right at the moment aside from the view of the lands coming alive once again.” I turned my attention to the land that rolled out before the two of us sitting atop this steep hill.

Shifting weight and tucking half-feathered-half-webbed wings into place, “I’m not sure when the others will awaken. It feels like they’ve been sleeping for centuries - leaving this place quiet aside from making conversation with myself.” I chuckled once again the vibrations rolling through my vocals. Ah how much I have missed a simple conversation! Even if my memory is a bit faulty.

@Leto