Liridon

liquid

Played by Emberling
Kagayaku Mizumi
The Luminescent Lake

Water, gushing and running fast, the rushing sounds of a waterfall. Nature, all around singing loudly and proudly, birds and insects alike, the sounds carried on the wind. The water cascades over the rock face and pools down into a lake, however, there are a few smaller falls that pool down into shallows to the sides of the lake, and it is here that a figure forms.

The falling water almost seems to crystalise in a similar manner to when it freezes, only, it is not freezing. The water forms strange shapes at first until it begins to truly take a clear shape. Two legs. A body. Two arms. A head. Water trickles down over bare shoulders, over chest, then stops as it stops being water. Hair.

The figure is a pale one of lithe build and stature - though, there is nothing to accurately compare that with at this point. This form has not been taken before, but is most certainly of great interest. Fingers move, stretching out and curling in, grasping, reaching. Eyes watch and mouth smiles in interest. How interesting.

"Mizumi Speaks"'Mizumi Thinks'

@Collie
-
Played by

Dawson was full of regret - but this was definitely one of the things he regretted the most. The stupid actions that lead to him being trapped in this form. This soft, easily injured form. Gone were his magnificent harden scales,  his sharp bloodstained claws, his teeth - teeth that could rip his enemies apart so easily. He still hd his horns, sat curled on top his head, but no longer the crowning glory of his being. They were instead surrounded by soft whispery, silken curls of thick hair. Red hair, like the fire he used to breathe - well he could still breathe that, it felt odd in his throat though, and hot on his lips and didn't explode from large snarling teeth like it used to.

Yeah. He should never have tried to steal that pirates jewels - he should have known they'd enlist the help of a wizard. And not just any wizard either; it was that damn wizard that had hunted him for years - Dawson hadn't bothered to learn any of their names, back then it had been a bother. All he had wanted was the precious shiny stones that pirate had collected; oh how nice they would have looked in his collection - his hoarded pile of jewels.

Oh, Dawson groans, and leans back against the grass, throwing a dramatic arm over his eyes and sighing. Really, life just wasn't fair - his nose scrunches angrily, now he was trapped like this and there was nothing he could do about it. At least he could relax here in peace; no one had been by this lake in days, and it was hidden well into the forest - good, no one could interrupt his sulking.

Although...

Dawson sits upright, crossing his legs and folding his arms, head tilted to the side thoughtfully. If no one was here to disturb him it also meant no one was here to listen to him complain - or tell him he was pretty. Which he was, despite being so...vulnerable. He groans again, but he doesn't have time to finish his thoughts of self pity, because his sharp red eyes catch a movement in the water. 

Literally a movement in the water, it is as if the lake he had taken refuge at had decided to take on a life of its own, forming limbs and bodies and hair and- goodness not another human! 
No not a human, water, but a human.

Was it that bloody wizard again! Dawson grits his teeth, he would kill that man if he ever saw him again. Wearily, angrily, he glances around the edges of the lake, to the treeline of the glade, but he see's nothing - no one. Not the wizard then; something else entirely.

"Hey," he calls, leaning forward to rest one arm on his crossed legs;  "Where'd you come from?" his tone is almost accusing, how dare the water turn into a person in front of him like that - as if it were mocking his recent misfortune; rude. He blinks red eyes in her direction, then his facial expression softens slightly into one more curious.   "How did you do that, you aren't some sort of wizard are you?"

Dawson fucking hates wizards - he may have mentioned that.
Played by Emberling
MIZUMI
the Lumienscent Lake

Entirely absorbed by trying to understand how this form works, and how different it is from that of an equine body that has been the most common form taken, Mizumi fails to pay any attention to the surroundings of the water. At least, that is until an abrupt 'hey' is called out, followed by other words formed into questions, and slowly, teal-pink eyes gaze around to see the source of the voice.

What an interesting creature.

Wait. Mizumi looks at him for a moment silently, then looks back down at the strange appendages that had formed instead of hooves. They were the same as his! Interesting. Mizumi looks back over at him, head slightly cocked in curiosity. What on earth was a wizard?

Regardless, the lithe body turns and steps out from beneath the waterfall, revealing a very naked form that appears, however, to not have any obvious signs of sex. The only indication, if it can be called that, are the smallish mounds on the chest covered by the hair that fell down over them.

"I came from water. I am water." Mizumi tries to explain, voice soft and gentle, though it does not seem to sound exactly the same as it does when taking an equine form. How unusual...

It is a little more clear, less sounding as though the voice is coming from under the water, though it is still there ever so slightly, "What is... Wizard?" Once again, Mizumi's head cocks a little in curiosity, hair moving slightly with the movement, though the water sprite stands ankle-deep in the water.

There is a subtle hint of uncertainty if it was safe to leave the water yet or not, which was also why feet had not yet taken form; where ankle and water met was also where they joined.

Speaks & Thinks | @Collie
-
Played by

Water huh.

Dawson leans forward a little, eyes flickering downwards to peer into the lake and then back up at the water creature's face. Was she a naiad? No, what she said didn't suggest that she was a creature of the water, rather water itself. "Did the wizard magic you too?" He raises sharp brows over bright fiery eyes, why else would water suddenly have a form, a voice, the ability to form thoughts, let alone words. And limbs, as far as he was aware water didn't form limbs. Maybe this particular bit of water was specially magical.  Dawson doesn't even blink as the creatures naked form steps forward, his eyes are trained on her face. 

That god-damn wizard was messing with the natural order of things. Dawson's hand forms into a fist by his side, "I'll get him, you just watch - when I get my old body back not this- ugh!" He throws his arms up, eyes running down each useless limb. How pitiful. Sure whilst they were muscular and quite nice by human standards, they had nothing on the impressive limbs he had had before. 

He is too busy wallowing to notice she had asked him what a wizard actually was, until he remembers, and he stops scowling at his own pitiful body and brings his gaze and attention back to her...it...whatever.  "A wizard is a human, but a magic one. They can do all sorts of things, move things around without touching them, create light, light things on fire" not as well as he could though - Oh I wonder it he can still do that, he'd have to try later. 

He goes back to studying her, "No, I have decided you are definitely not a wizard. and if you are then you are a sneaky one and I'll kill you," he announces it simply, with another little shrug, AS if he hadn't just threatened water with death. Instead he shoots her a smile and leans forward a little more.

"Why don't you have feet?"

Played by Emberling
MIZUMI
the Lumienscent Lake

Mizumi is confused. This other creature is odd and speaks things Mizumi doesn't understand. 'When I get my old body back...' This was not his proper body? Well, at least they were alike in that situation, though Mizumi could likely change back into an equine if desired, but this was too interesting not to see it through for a while.

He explains what a wizard is, at least, somewhat, and Mizumi's head cocks slightly. They can create light? Fire? Why was there always something fire-related... But, light? Now that was something Mizumi could do. Bright eyes stare out at the man as he suddenly leans forward a little, the words he'd just spoken not really registering; they'd been heard, but not really understood; water couldn't be killed. Still, he is smiling and it's actually a little unsettling, and his question makes Mizumi look down.

"I told you, I am water." Brow creases slightly, "What did you mean, when you said your old body? This is not what you normally look like either?" Head is cocked in curiosity, wondering what kind of form he normally had. Was he another equine, or was he something different? Would it be something that Mizumi would recognise, or something unimaginable?

-
Played by

"But you have arms, and hands. Water doesn't usually have arms and hands," Dawson points out, literally, lifting a lazy hand to wave at her limbs. Mind you, he now has hands; dragons didn't usually how those, they had claws, large and sharp and made for killing. Not these things. What could he possibly do with these flimsy and feeble and pale. These nails wouldn't scratch an itch, let alone gauge flesh and strip bones.

He is distracted from his inner complaining by her question. Dawson, as you probably have worked out by now, would never pass up an opportunity to talk about himself. Especially if it gives him a chance to vocalise the long monologue of complaints that rattle around in that head of is. Oh.
He throws his arms up dramatically into the air, "Little water sprite, where do I begin!" he cries, before settling back down with a wild grin, "This is definitely not my true form. I was trapped like this, you see, through no fault of my own. Cursed to live in this awful human body."

That is a lie, of course, it was definitely Dawson's fault - he had attack the pirate village, he had sought to plunder their treasure. But it was the pirates that had summoned the wizard and the wizard that had turned him into a human. He still remembers plummeting from the sky, crashing into the ocean, all limbs and burnt hair and fiery pain. He remembers screaming; screaming, not roaring, his voice hoarse and small compared to his usual roar. He remembers almost drowning, the water filling his lungs as his arms waved wildly against the tide. He had sunk; he had almost died, and then somehow he had washed ashore.

It had been a blur of days after that, as he had gotten used to breathing, standing, walking, running. Stealing clothes and moving away from the humans, up stream until the farmers fields turned into wild forests and he could at last recuperate in peace. It had been a rough week. "I used to be a dragon; no, that's not right. I AM a dragon - I am just stuck in this...thing," he gestures to his body with a wrinkled unimpressed expression on his face, like someone had just stuck something foul smelling underneath his nose.

The expression fades as he brings his eyes back to Mizumi, and after a moment of silence, and surprising stillness, he springs to his feet, pushing himself forward and into the water, wading out to her and talking as he did so: "So you are really just a part of this lake?" He asks, closing the distance between them with no real concern for whether she wanted him to or not, leaning forward as he got closer so he could look at the bottom of her legs. Yeah...no feet, she seemed to just blend into the water, with no real definition between her legs and the vast rippling surface save for the smallest change of colour. 
Played by Emberling
Kagayaku Mizumi
The Luminescent Lake

Mizumi certainly isn’t sure what to think of this creature. He seems to eagerly jump on the question asked of him and begins to explain that this wasn’t his true form. Head cocks ever so slightly as he goes on, and for some reason there is little belief in the idea that his situation was not his own fault. Still, Mizumi is no one to judge, and does not interrupt nor appear to change expression at all, the only movement having been the head cock, and that was only a small fraction.

A dragon? What was that? There was such thing as Sea Dragons, but they were fancy kinds of seahorses. Pretty sure that’s *not* what he meant. Distracted by trying to figure things out with the knowledge at hand, Mizumi doesn’t notice that he’d finished talking and had now sprung forward. At least, not until he speaks again, and vision refocuses to find his face mere inches away.

But Mizumi doesn’t move. There is no startle nor recoil. “No, part of all water. Not just here. I’m normally part of the ocean, though, but I can travel anywhere.” The answer sounds almost sweet and innocent, but it is the truth and there wasn’t really anything more to it. That didn’t matter now anyway, there was something that was of greater interest.

“What is a dragon?”

"Mizumi Speaks"'Mizumi Thinks'

@Collie
-
Played by

They make an odd pair - standing there in the lake - a creature of fire and water itself. Dawson almost forgets his own troubles, his curiosity is peeked and he has to resist the urge to slap the water next to him and ask if that was also still the water creature. She-It doesn't seem to waver, even with a raging lunatic raving in her face - asking all sorts of odd questions about what she was.  "So I am standing in you? If you are part of all water, can you feel whats going on in the ocean?" So many questions indeed. Its not like Dawson to be so interested in someone that wasn't him.

Mizumi brings the conversation back to Dawson's favourite subject (himself) and like a child he is distracted again. They seem to be drifting back and forth; questions about her, questions about him.

"You don't know what a dragon is?" he almost sneers, pretty lips twisting upwards into a smile that is both beautiful and dismissive.  "We are masters of the sky, lords of chaos. Large and powerful." He realises then that this romantisied idea of dragons gives her no clue about what a dragon actually is.  "How do I explain?" he muses, lifting his hand to rub his chin carefully.  "Reptilian, but large, larger than houses or...boats. I had the most beautiful red scales and wings - oh, wings that could spread as far as you could see, their shadows would black out the sun. And fire, fire lived in my belly and I would breathe it like a volcano. "

Dawson should be a poet, the romantised way he described himself - it was to be expected from someone so vain. He pauses to take a breath and focuses his eyes back on her; hoping that she would be n utter awe of what he was - or used to be. Not so impressive now, although there still felt like there was heat inside of him, and unknown to at least himself, the water temperature was rising slightly where he stood - the like more passionately he talked the hotter he became.
Played by Emberling
MIZUMI
the Lumienscent Lake

"Yes, and no. It is not so easy to explain." Mizumi replies calmly, eyes cast down to the water in which they both stood, waving one hand gently and making the water swirl somewhat, though it wasn't anything spectacular. In all honesty, Mizumi didn't know how it worked well enough to even try and explain it to someone else, as it was much more a feeling. It was easier to show, in a way, but even that was still a little different like the time spent with Atlas, the blind stallion. Mizumi had begun to hum softly and shared visions of experiences with the male so he could see that which he could no longer see.

Head cocked, Mizumi notes how much Dawson seems to enjoy talking about himself, though if that meant something, in particular, the sprite didn't know. So far, all those whose paths the water being had crossed had been rather different from each other, so it was hard to tell if this was common or not. Regardless, it is still interesting to discover more about other creatures that were not at all familiar.

The way he describes his ability to breathe fire is both captivating, and amusing. Amusing for the fact that they were standing in water, one of the few things capable of extinguishing such an element. Though, Mizumi does not show this amusement nor voice it, finding no need; this creature seemed as though it may have a short temper when irritated, and that wasn't something Mizumi desired to deal with. In fact, what was desired at the moment was to figure out more about this form, though that could definitely be done later when alone, too.

""Sounds as though that would be impressive to see. Perhaps if you get that form back you could show me." The descriptions he gave were enough to give a very basic general idea, but in truth, Mizumi wasn't experienced enough with non-water creatures that all that came to mind was a giant water monitor with feathered wings spitting out little fireballs like volcanos spitting rocks. Now as this runs through the sprite's head, a small frown creases some pale features as the water experiences a shift in temperature, even though there was no natural reason for it to happen. The frown disappears as quickly as it had appeared, and Mizumi brushes some loose hair out of the way, tucking it behind an ear; the action felt very natural, yet incredibly alien at the same time.

-
Played by

He huffs in frustration - although it does occur to him that maybe explaining what she is and how she works is as easy for her as explaining what a dragon is to him. They are both naive of the nature of the other. How was he meant to judge her if she wouldn't give him a straight answer. Of course there was the chance that she simply didn't know. He'd have to probe a little more, although now wasn't really the time. 

"It was very impressive," he agrees with a gentle nod of his head, long red hair falling into his face before being hastily brushed aside by slender, elegant fingers. It is perhaps the first moment he has really stopped thinking about himself and watched her closely, red eyes narrowing, and he nibbles his lips, rolling the skin carefully between his teeth. He watches: quiet, even as a small frown appears on her face, creasing her odd features and shadowing her multi-hued eyes, eyes that were coloured like the sea (not a dark and stormy sea, mind you, like a reef, full of life and wonder) or like jewels. The frown is only fleeting, and it disappeared from her features as quickly as it came. 

It intrigued Dawson more than her curiosity ever could. Water. Water with emotion and the capacity to show it - how his world had changed since the wizard had dragged him from the sky.

"Okay, I'll show you." He says suddenly, folding his arms over his chest, "When I get my dragon form back you'll be the first to see," besides the wizard, and the pirates, because obviously Dawson would have to kill them. But after that. He says it like he is doing her a favour, smugly, but there is something oddly genuine about his smile - its all teeth and glee, but its glee that is almost childlike.

"Do you have a name?" He asks then, as if it had just occurred to him. "You surely can't just be called...water?"  

@Mizumi
Dawson Appearance