Liridon

|OPEN| dancing in the rain

Played by Collie
She dances, light nimble hooves make her body twist and turn, as overhead the sky rumbles and the lights flash - they flash for her, she likes to think - so as the sun sets she still has something to guide her feet. But it is for the growing storm that they flash, the threat of rain is strong on the air. She can smell it - the heat and the humidity, and the promise of fresh cool water that follows. Yes; it would storm that night.

She spends the first half of the hour dancing in the rain, and then the wind picks up, it ravages the beach, whipping the sand into the air and into eyes and stinging at her skin, although it doesn't wipe the dreamy smile from her face, even as she races along the beach towards the rocky cliffs, and finds herself a cave to shelter in.
It was high enough above the waves to avoid the rising tide and the water whipped up by the storm, but enough so she could watch out the mouth at the storm that threatens to spill - another rumble, and another flash.

She loved weather like this - the strength, the threat, the way a storm can wash through the land in a wave of destruction but leave life in its wake. She stands at the mouth of the cave, head lifted towards the sky; mint green eyes glued to the tumbling black clouds, smiling every time a fork of lightning streaked through the sky.
"Speech"
euphrosyne
tag;;open

- Immortal ; 25
Played by Emberling
Sabrael

Why was everything so dark? It wasn't normally this dark, was it? There was normally a bright warm light that greeted her waking eyes, that familiar smell of sweet flowers and fruits, the soft trickling of water in a stream and the chattering of the birds; all of it was gone.

"Uuggnn..." A soft groan sounds from somewhere in the back of the cave, where a dim blue light begins to emit a glow in the dark, though it is not enough to truly illuminate the dark walls. It smells damp and salty, and there are loud crashes and bangs coming from somehwere outside, the sound of an angry ocean. This was most certainly not Esharra.

Wait, if this wasn't Esharra...

Sabrael tries to sit up faster than her body can handle, causing her head to spin wildly and for her body to flop back down onto the soft sandy bed; though there is most certainly something under the sand, as there is a hefty 'thump' at the action, and she gives another groan. She tries again, slower this time, until she is at a mostly seated position and can look about. She was definitely at the very back of a cave, like a bear hiding away for hibernation, and she tries to look around in the darkness. This was definitely not Esharra! But it also didn't seem like any of the faelands either... True, her mind is terribly foggy still, rebirth tends to do that to the brain, but even so, this did not even feel remotely familiar.

Carefully, the fae gets to her feet and manages to keep herself steady and can stand without leaning against the cave's walls. The growths of magic that surround her begin to glow a little stronger, though are still fairly dull as they tend to be influenced by how Sabrael feels. It is only as she finds confidence to take a step does she smell something else. Something that's not the sea air or the scent of the storm. Something, no, someone... But... They didn't smell like another fae?

Where in Esharra's name had she ended up?!

Where has fate brought you?
Speaks & Thinks | @Euphrosyne
Played by Collie

She is caught up in the storm; the way it is powerful, violent and destructive, but beautiful. Lightning arches through the sky and Euphrosyne's smile brightens with it. She almost laughs, but you cannot hear it over the sound of rain and the rumble of thunder. 

She wasn't even aware that there was someone else in the cave with her when she first went in; so Sabrael's appearance does take her by surprise. At first it is just the subtle sound of movement, then hooves on stone, quiet underneath the sound of rain, and she turns around, eyes blinking to adjust from the flashing of lightning to the darkness behind her. "Hello?" She say's, testing the air carefully, yes, there was someone there, just over the smell of the rain and the sea. Her eyes adjust, although the stranger is so bright that Euphrosyne thinks she could see her in pitch black with no light at all.

Still she blinks a few times, letting her eyes adjust. "I am sorry, is this your cave? I didn't realise anyone else was here." She takes a small step forward, letting her eyes wander down the pretty bright coat of the stranger, admiring the way the blue...vines? were they vines?...wrapped around her body. "I just came in there to escape the storm, is that alright?" Euphrosyne continued, finally bringing her eyes back up to meet the pretty pale creatures and ignores the drumming of curiosity that beats in her heart.

euphrosyne ;;
the nomad girl of mirth and merriment
there’s nothing left; so save your breath
@Sabrael

- Immortal ; 25
Played by Emberling
Sabrael

A voice! Calling out in a questioned greeting. Sabrael gives a small sigh of relief at the sound of a woman’s voice that, at least to her foggy head, sounds pleasant. She continues walking forward until the silhouette of the voice’s owner comes into view, and then with the gentle illumination of the blue glow around her, Sabrael can make out her immediate features.

She definitely wasn’t a fae, or at least not one she’d ever encountered nor even read of before, but she was nonetheless rather pretty, in that strange and exotic kind of way.

“T’is not mine, you needn’t fret,” Sabrael shakes her head ever so slightly; she doesn’t want to do it too much and run the risk of making herself dizzy. She offers a small smile though, for now wanting to hide her inner uncertainty and growing panic. Now was not the time! Her head needed to clear more first, and then she could panic about things.

“Ah, t’is a storm then. I thought that might be the case.” She tries brushing it off as if it had been the storm that had woken her up, even if that wasn’t exactly true; still, this stranger didn’t need to know that. “Oh, I am Sabrael, t’is a pleasure to meet you. Shall we wait out the storm together, then?” She offers sweetly, deciding that the company was probably more of a benefit right now and it was only one other mare so what was the worst that could happen?

Where has fate brought you?
Speaks & Thinks | @Euphrosyne
Played by Sam
I was made for loving you
a wandering girl. wings, wind, fire, immortality

If there is something to be said for Davina, when she truly feels something, she feels it with her whole being. She is a unified object, moving inexorably, and once decided she moves entirely without doubt. It is rare to see this kind of unity. Even in her, it is not constant. She has lied to her father, to Akela, for Keanu, for love. She has broken promises to her parents, to others. Davina has fooled and deceived and been selfish. But with Keanu, in this new life, where both of them have become so impossibly naked to each other and glorious in their magnetism, she is only purity.

Davina does not know what it means to be perfect, but when she sees her reflection in Keanu’s dark eyes, she makes a guess at what it must be like.

The paling champagne girl thought she would just go for a little stroll while Keanu was asleep. She was going to surprise him, pick some flowers, leave the bundle beside him for when he would awaken. The plan, in theory was a sweet and sentimental one, but Davina hardly thought it all the way through. This land was new and how easy it would be to get lost within it. How difficult it would be to find her way back to her lover.

Especially now, as lightning streak across the sky and rain pours down from overhead. She is soaked quickly, she blinded as lavender and blue eyes squint against the falling droplets. But, ever the optimist, she does not so easily give up.

Water rolls off her body, her mane and tail are drenched, but the starlight within her mane and tail still dances wildly. In truth, it hasn't stopped dancing since Keanu said I love you. Nothing, absolutely nothing could dim her light now, it was far too bright.

Her feet plant themselves against sand and the crashing of waves lets Davina know she is at the beach…again. She was going around in circles, unable to recognize landmarks through the falling water. But as she spins her champagne body around, Davina’s eyes land on what looks like a cave? Well, she sure hoped it was a cave and not just a very large rock. How disappointing would that be?

Davina trudges forwards, keeping her eyes straight ahead so she wouldn't lose her focus. She is starting to get a chill, but soon she emerges into the cave, and though she does not magically become dry, she does feel an instant warmth almost overcome her. Here she can wait out the storm until she can get back to Keanu.

But, as things would go, Davina is not alone.

Those eyes peer through the dim cave lighting and there are two unfamiliar shapes within its confines. “You know what they say.” Oh, Davina don't say it. “Three is a crowd.” Davina. “Hi, Im awkward.” She pauses, blushes. “I mean, Davina.” There, that’s better….well, a little, I suppose.

Maybe. We’ll see.

d a v i n a ♡
Played by Collie

So the cave did not belong to the creamy creature then. Euphrosyne relaxes shoulders she wasn't even aware were tense. And even better than that, the stranger seemed to be amiable. Euphrosyne would never so no to company, not when it was deliciously gorgeous and wrapped in a light that Euphrosyne cannot quite explain. "Yes, Lets." She confirms with a soft bob of her head, before turning back out to the wind and the rain. "I can't decide if I hope it will last a while, or if I want it over quickly," she continues to muse, without too much expectation for a response. But after a moment of silence she realises that it might be an odd comment to make, "I love wild weather like this, its untamable and powerful but there is beauty in the way the wind whips across the land, without caring what's in its way." She explains it breathlessly, eyes wide and dancing at the thought, and adds:"but I also like the smell of the rain after the storm, when the sunshines again and everything is calm."

The world, that had gone quiet and dead before the storm had arrived, would awake again - birds would sing and the last droplets would fall from the leaves of the trees, pattering on the ground in a gentle rhythm. 

She turns her eyes to the stranger, curious to see if she was still around, or if she was hastily backing out of the cave because she realised she was sharing it with a crazy person. Out of the corner of her eyes Euphrosyne spots a shape in the grey rain, head bent down against the wind. She turns her head, ears pricking, body still and watches the other horse enter the cave out of the storm.

Seems they weren't the only two seeking shelter.

This newcomer didn't see them straight away, but when she does she utters something that Euphrosyne does not expect. She cracks a joke, fumbles through an introduction and leaves Euphrosyne grinning from ear to ear. "Oh, I don't know. Sometimes three is a magic number?" she jests. "Hello awkward Davina, I am Euphrosyne, and this is Sabrael," she shifts her smile from one to another. "Want to join us, we are sheltering from the storm."

euphrosyne ;;
the nomad girl of mirth and merriment
there’s nothing left; so save your breath
@Sabrael @Davina