Liridon

|PRIVATE| You Can Never Go Home Again

- Immortal
Played by Hermes

Something has called him back here, to the home of the mountain; their mountain. Another piece of the puzzle falls into place as Enki remembers the grand mountain that he and his siblings live on. His hooves carry him forward, toward his destination. Home, he is going home. For the first time since his awakening, Enki allows himself to feel hope. Hope that everything is going to be alright; that everything is going to go back to normal.

However, confusion starts to take root as he finds himself in a valley. Flowers bloom, trees sprout up to stretch their branches toward the sky. Yet it is… wrong. This does not look familiar to the tall stallion. Not at all. Here is where their mighty mountain should be, the peak reaching up high toward the heavens but there is nothing here. A valley instead, resides here. Something is wrong. Very wrong.

Slowing and coming to a stop, Enki looks around, horned head moving from side to side as if he is trying to find something. That is when it hits him, the realization coming with all the force of a physical slap across his face. Eyes looks around again but with new understanding. This is the mountain. Something has happened to make it sink into a valley. It feels like someone has placed a weight across the earth elementals shoulders and he staggers under the burden.

Tears spring to his eyes and he fights an internal battle not to allow them to fall. Walking forward, toward a great pool water that is fed from a waterfall, Enki stops at the water’s edge and peers into the water. A black face and pink muzzle stares back and Enki shrinks away. The stallion has not looked at himself since his return to life, of course he has seen his legs and body and the grey and white pelt that had greeted him had shocked him, but he had pushed it to the back of his mind.

Now that he looks at his reflection at an unfamiliar face with the twisting white horn sprouting from his forehead that the stallion realizes just how crazy this whole situation is. There is nothing normal about any part of this. The dead should stay dead and Enki cannot help but feel like an abomination for just being upright and breathing. While he cannot remember much of the past, the man cannot help but feel like this a first for him.

Well, there have been a lot of firsts for Enki since his return to life. First time seeing Pyrrus. First time seeing the valley. First time crying. The tears fall unhindered now and Enki thanks his lucky stars that there is no one to see this weakness. Or so he hopes. He stands, staring at the water letting the tears fall for things long past and times long gone. Everything is different and Enki knows he is too. Change is a constant and one must learn to flow with it.

So why is it so terrifying?

The stallion is not the same equine that died and may never be again. This is not a bad thing, it is just the way the world turns. Everything is beautiful and strange in Liridon, magic flows stronger through this land any other he knows of. So why shouldn’t extraordinary, wonderful events happen here? Who is to say that the dead should not raise and walk again?

He does. He says they should not live! He says, he should not live. Teeth clinch together and grind as he thinks of his death again. Pain, darkness, fear. That is what happened before his death. His heart had struggled to sustain his life but as it failed, as his body began to shut down, Enki had started to let go. Everything slowed and dulled and then it was gone.

The moment his heart had stopped, the moment the pain and fear had faded, light had burst into life. It was beautiful and brilliant and Enki was at peace. Everything was right in his world, he was whole and safe with no fears or worries. He had floated, suspended in the light for eons. He had watched the universe, planets dying while others burst into life.

Yet his gaze always fell back to Liridon, to his brothers and sisters and he had grieved the distance between them. Then something had shifted, his eyes had closed and he had awakened in the meadow, in the place he had taken his last breath. With his stirring, he had felt like a disgrace, an affront to all living things. The dead should stay dead.

However now as he stares at his reflection and sees the pain and distress that gazes back at him, Enki feels almost… sane. After all, who is to say what is normal to a man who has seen what lies beyond this world? With a sigh he shakes his head to dispel the clinging tears and looks up from his reflection. The world still turns and he is once more apart of it. Time to move forward.

"I speak"I think

Tags: @Ardon
OOC: <3

x|x
- Immortal
Played by Emberling
A r d o n

The Blacksmith

"Such a sad and distressed expression doesn't suit you, brother."

A deep raspy voice sounds from not far behind Enki. But there is no grand creature standing there, not at all. Instead, a short (especially compared to Enki) figure stands staring at the taller man, and whilst there is a sadness to his own expression there is a subtle hint of a smile. A genuine, loving, caring smile.

Ardon had been moping around lately, laving his workshop behind and letting it weather away just as his disguised features were. He still refused to take his true form, prefrering to hide himself away in this coward's skin. Steel grey eyes were dull and lacked their previous bright golden glow they once had, and the metal-like antlers sprouting from his head were severely tarnished, as was the armour that clung to each of his legs, and the tattered coat draped over this smaller frame... Yes, a coward's skin.

Where he'd been intending to go, he wasn't quite sure, he simply wanted to get away from his workshop, away from his siblings who seemed to either want to get back together and play (like Pyrrus and Ceib), or, like Alia, who simply wanted to be left alone. He could appreciate that... But, Ardon didn't want to be alone, really, he did enjoy the company his siblings offered, he just couldn't bring himself to face them all just yet. He needed to sort out everything in his head first, get himself back to the way he was when he was happy, tucked away in his workshop making all manner of trinkets!

"The new look," Ardon speaks up again, tone genuine though he feels a pang of jealousy on the inside, "it suits you."

Speaks & Thinks | @Enki
- Immortal
Played by Hermes

The tall stallion starts as a raspy, deep voice calls out from behind him. Whirling to face the owner of the voice, Enki readies himself for anything. Prepared for a fight but also to run if needed, Enki turns his steely gaze to the form behind him. The equine that greets him looks tattered and worn. The luster of his metal parts, weathered and beaten. However, the earth equine knows that metal work anywhere.

“Brother!” Enki bellows in happiness, a genuine grin spreading across his features as he looks at the disguised man. The expression of joy turns into a full-blown smile as Ardon says the new look suits him. Cocking an eyebrow, he asks, “Really? The horn isn’t too much?” Striking a pose, he barks out a laugh at his own joke, the elemental cannot help the feeling of happiness that is slowly drowning the despair.

He has found two of his siblings since his reawaking and with each meeting, the anguish lifts a little more. Eyes scrutinize the form before him and the happiness abates slightly. Instead he feels sadness tug at his heart at the condition of his sibling. With concern in his voice, Enki inquires, “ Ardon are you alright? This look… it does not suit you.” The stallion means nothing rude by this just that, Ardon is a proud creature that (as far as he remembers) liked to show his true form when he could.

With a quick addition, Enki adds, “I mean no insult. It just… does not seems very Ardon-ish of you to hide your form. But what do I know?” A small chuckle and sad tone accompany the next words, “But what do I know? I have been dead and cannot remember much.” Face pulls into a pained expression for a moment as he thinks. Casting a look around, the earth elemental questions, “And what of your workshop? From what little I remember, you were never far from there. What has happened since…”

His voice trails off and a faraway look comes upon him. Thoughts drift for a moment, turning to the time he spent dead. There is no remorse there now, just a kind of thoughtful deliberation. What did he miss? What new and exciting things have happened to Liridon since his body died and a tree sprouted from it? With a shake of his horned head, eyes refocus on Ardon and Enki looks to his brother for answers. Quickly, the tall man finishes his previous thought, “What has happened since my death? Are the others alright? I met Pyruus in the meadow and he seemed good.”

A small twitch of his lips upwards, a smile if it can be called that, and the earth stallion looks around at the area. So much seems different but, then again, he cannot remember much of before. Perhaps that is a good thing, a blessing that his memory came back with him the way it did. While there are many holes and pitfalls in his mind, there is also a clean slate. A way to start anew.

Eyes track back to the form of Ardon and his wandering mind falls back into line. Enki gives Ardon his full attention.

"I speak"I think

Tags: @Ardon
OOC: <3
Words: 535

x|x
- Immortal
Played by Emberling
A r d o n

The Blacksmith

Enki's joyous tones alone are enough to keep that slight smile on his features, at least for a while. He even manages somewhat of a chuckle as the giant poses, shaking his head just a little at the exhuberance. "Nah, it's not too much. Suits you just fine." For the moment he is glad, truly. At least, until Enki points out his appearance, and Ardon glances away with a sigh.

"Yeah... Guess it doesn't. " He mumbles with a bit of a shrug and tries to conceal the wince in his eyes as his brother speaks of his workshop. It made his heart and every single fibre of his being ache that things had come to this, had turned out like this. But what could he do about it! He shook his head though, dismissing it all for now; he appreciated Enki's concern, in fact, he was actually thankful for it, but he just didn't want to deal with that right now.

So he was glad when the topic changed, at least a little, and Ardon gave a bit of a thoughtful frown, "Nothing much, really I don't think. The mortals hung around for a while but they all wondered off. We... We all kind of fell silent and some of us went our own ways for a while; parts of us always stayed though, they always will. I don't really know, though, to be honest. I wasn't paying much attention myself." Though the chuckle is slightly forced, it's still somewhat genuine at the same time. "That probably wasn't the asnwer you were hoping for, sorry. Kaze is probably the best one to talk to for that. You know she's usually the first to know everything on the wind." He smirks, just a fraction.

Speaks & Thinks | @Enki